Sunday, April 15, 2007

Satisfied


26:16... holy cow. That's MUCH faster than I thought I would run today. I was thinking around 28 minutes but when I went through the mile at 8:33 I just went with it. relaxed after that and just kept opening it up. Great surges through the race to pass people that don't know how to race and others that are actually slower than me. Went through mile 2 in 8:25! Holy cr**! I had been training at 9:15 mile. I guess I can move my VDOT down a smidge. Last 1.1 I finished in 9:17, subtract about 40 seconds for the last 200m and thats 8:33 again! Tempo runs work! MAN it was awesome comming through in 26:16. A definite PR and a nice reward of all the hard work (hahaha) I have been putting in the last two weeks.


This is why I run. To get outside in nature. To breathe clean, fresh air and get active. I'm not going to win any awards, but that doesn't matter to me. I never did win anything when I was 16 and the caliber of runner between 25-30 is too good. Doesn't discourage me. Just get out there and run and try to keep improving. That's all I can do.


Great way to start this season. Hopefully 2 more races before school is out.

Until next time

-Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment