Friday, April 13, 2007

Crunch Time

2 days. 2 days to get it together and get serious about this race. I've been taking a more laid back approach to this thing, but everytime I run I feel I can go faster than I have been. I was movin' pretty good today, at least it felt like it, but after day off, my legs of course were really tired and stiff. I guess the lesson learned here is stop taking days off.


Ran an easy 2.5 miles. breathing was awesome, but legs never really loosened up. My tempo run on Wednesday was awesome, but didn't recover as well as I would have liked.


Picked up some meal-replacement bars at the store to have when I'm done running. Protein, carbs, and fiber will be the right combination to heal. repair and sooth sore muscles. Lots of stretching! Man, why do I neglect that step sometimes?


Talk of PVGXC this fall is getting me excited. Really excited. I am SO happy I got involved with this. Not only is my health greatly improving, but I feel a part of my school and a part of young people's lives. This is what I wanted as a professional. I rock.


"The things we do should consume us. If they don't, our lives won't have any meaning."

-John J. Kelly



"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:


THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTANCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC."

-Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment