Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Like old times

It was about 35 degrees outside and raining. As I was driving home I was thinking, this is going to be fun. Yes, the weather was nasty, but there's something about being out there exercising while everyone else drives buy thinking "that guy is nuts." i love that feeling. it fueled me today. That, and going stride for stride with Rage against the machine's "Freedom," that was a pretty cool feeling. Again listening to the songs of old... good 'ol teenager heavy metal... Pantera, Sepultura, Rage, Zombie... jeez, I can't believe I listened to that stuff as if no other music exhisted.

Ran 1 mile warm up, about 11 minutes, then stopped and stretched the hip flexors and hammies. Then took off at a 930 pace for a 3 mile tempo run. GOD it felt good. Did "drills" on my warm up and it helped really loosen me up and I was smooth and fluid. Nothing ached. Not my knees, hammies... nothing. Finished with about a 3/4 mile cool down. Then some stupid pit bull chased me down the road for the last 200 meters. Not only did it scare the crap out of me, but I wanted to kill the stinkin thing. I guess 'accidentally' kneeing it in the head helped get it off me... jesus. Some people, I swear.

Other than the crazy dog, today was awesome. Really looking forward to Gilda's Run in 4 DAYS!! 28 minutes. That's my goal.

You know, today's run reminded me of a run around a park near our HS we did in about 30 degree weather, but it was raining AND snowing. yeah, that was cold.

Until next time
-Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment