wow..didn't think I would be able to post until tomorrow, but as I sit here in champaign waiting to go back to the house, I find myself a computer, The Office in the background. It's the 5K fun run. Man that's a funny episode. Avid readers of this space on the internet would recognize the line "I ate more fettucini alfredo and drank the least amount of water than any one is history." I know you're laughing right now.
Met up with my good friend Rudy at his office where they do fitness tests on athletes. Several treadmills, ellipticals and bikes to choose from. Rudy and I ran on the treadmills. He was going way faster than me which is fine. I got a 2 mile warmup in and then stretched then ran 3.1. I got about 1.3 into it and decided, let's see what I can do. Ran 28:15 for 3.1 miles. I was pretty happy with it. Then half a mile cool down. So totaled about 5.5 miles. Longest of the year again. I think I'm going to keep trying that, run M, W, maybe friday. XT and lift TR.
Gave a running a quote on Friday. I know her foot has been really bothering her and last year in class I'd give her little pep ups with these stupid little stamps on sticky notes and they'd say "you can do it." type of things. So yesterday I gave her one with the quote I posted last time, "DOn't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams." I guess it helped. THat makes me feel good. I know she really wants to compete in the 3K this spring and run CC in the fall at Western, so I want her to be thinking about that and not her foot.
ANyway. Time to eat lunch. I'm starving. THe 5K hasn't started yet on the episode, but you can see it at NBC.com.
Keep your stick on the ice.
-Hoffy
Go SOX! :)
ReplyDelete