What else could a runner ask for when it comes to weather? No clouds, chilly breeze blowin' my way, the sun out, and 60 degrees. Perfect weather. Had a 7 mile run on THursday. Ran a route I remember being close to that, but it wound up only being 6.3 or so. Was supposed to be at 11:10 pace or so, but that's too dang slow. Wound up being around 10 min pace. Felt great. I could have gone another mile or so, but turned the engines off and came home, stretched and iced. Woke up today, legs feeling great. Tired though, but that's to be expected. Rip-roarin' fun in-service today at school. Got out some energy on my 4.5 mile run after school. Again, noon o'clock, perfect weather.
16 miles on the week. According to my Smart Coach. Taking the weekend to rest and enjoy Chicago.
Team ran well in Sterling Thursday night. We have some fast girls on the track. I hope to make it to more meets. Some girls didn't run the way they wanted, but it's still early and there's a lot of season and growing to do. I hope they keep their heads up and keep working hard to achieve their goals.
I'm off for the weekend. SPRING BREAK!!!
"Nothing in life is more satisfying than doing something others say you can't do."
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment