Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring is in the air

Finally printed up a Smart Coach from Runner's World. I have it set to train for a 13.1 mile race on May 11th. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it since it's on Mother's Day and that's really friggin far.

Ran 3x800 @ 4:14 yesterday with 400m recovery. 1.5 mile WU and CD. Felt really good. Knees of course were sore, but what else is new. Ice is really helping. I feel pretty strong, but know I have a long way to go with that. I'm excited looking into the futre at the races I've registered for and this summer and fall and I see myself in the mirror all fit and awesome, McConahay abs. Oh yeah... I rule.

It was cool being around the team. They like having me there which is pretty cool. I'm slower than heck though, so I sort of stay to myself...at least I did for the workout. Maybe in a month I'll be able to run with them during a workout.

Today I just biked for 25 minutes and did Maggie's Abs- 25 x front, both sides, legs up (100 total) with a 2 min lean hold. Repeat but with different ab exercises for front, sides and front. so 200 abs total. My abs were screamin!! I hit them hard Monday when I lifted and they were still sore.

Ate an awesome meal of lasagna and salad tonight. 3 glasses of red wine, for the antioxidants (hi Stanley!). It was nice.

7 MILES TOMORROW!!! Holy crap!! Longest run of the year!! I'm ready though. Fixin' to be a nice day.

Later dudes. Let'er rip! Hang ten!
-Hoffy

1 comment:

  1. Hoffy, you rock...but you gotta stop creepin on Mr. Mconahay (or however you spell it!).

    ;)
    Good luck on those 7 miles, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete