Thursday I biked for a good 30 minutes. The ellipticals were taken up and I like biking. It's actually kind of nice to do. Elliptical is a better workout though. Still, I'll take running any day. I was exhausted Friday. Did a lab for chem and I think the faster paced stuff I did with the team really tired me out. Took Friday off. Went dancing Friday night with Sarah and Jarrin and had a blast. If that happens again it will be at a smoke-free place. I hate knowing I'm actually smoking, 2nd hand, but still. Was pretty tired Saturday and took it off too. Vegged Saturday night which was cool. haven't done that in a while.
Well, the two days of complete rest helped. My run felt unreal today. I couldn't believe it. I felt fluid, little to no knee pain, and a beautiful blue sunny sky to run with. I had been keeping my head down for quite some time now and I realized it was to see where my foot was going so I wouldn't slip and fall on my ass. Today, the sidewalks were 99% clear with few snow piles still left. Head was up, back was straight and I felt it in my stride. So that resulted in little knee pain unless I was running downhill. I could feel my knees aren't that stable. More hamstirng work, lunges, and squats I guess. I feel like I'm getting healthier and that's a good feeling. Eating was good this week. Still ate too much pizza last night, but when it's Harris, you just gotta do it. You gotta do what you gotta do!
Song selections for the run that I can remember (I'm going to do this from now on):
Rise Against- paper wings and Life less frightening
Tool- Sober, Parabola (awesome song by the way)
DMB- So Much to Say and What Would you Say
Oasis- Don't Look Back in Anger
Wilco- Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(Again)... Wheels, this is out theme for the fall. I'll make a CD of it for you. The lyrics are just awesome. "We'll find a way, regardles. To make some sense, out of this miss. I believe! I guess, it's all we need. Nothing's ever...gonna stand in my. Nothing's ever, gonna stand in my way again."
I can't think of any other songs, so I'm going to keep reflecting on why this song is a theme for the fall. There were some distractions this past fall. We had a lot of high expectations, and we could have reached them. Top 3 was doable. We had the talent. but I don't think the confidence was completely there. We lived in the shadow of the boys team and never got out of it. The only way we could was to prove it on the course and I think it was too big of a burden for some of the girls. Especially Anne. She is a phenomenal athlete and will continue to do great things in running, soccer and basketball and with her horses. I'm just excited to see her mature this spring in track and continue to excel in summer runs and just tear up the course this fall. Give that Flood girl a run for her money. (I think that's reaching pretty high). But this song gave me goosbumps while I ran (just like Paper Wings did one day) and nothing's going to stand in our way this fall. No team from anywhere in the state, ourselves, or outsides will stop us from reaching the top. I determined. if I have to buy a bike to keep up, run my ass off, or study anything to be the best coach I can be, I'm ready.
It's weird what music can do. You gotta do what you gotta do.
-Hoffy
Totally agree with your thoughts for next XC season. Good idea on the theme song, too. Can't wait to here it.
ReplyDelete