Haven't kept this up since last weekend. Shame on me. Monday included me heading to school to post grades and check out. Cleaning crew was already in my room practically detailing it. The cleanest it will be until next June. Afterwards I put on my running gear and headed out to run a workout on the track only to be turned away by locked gates. I wasn't deterred (two r's?) so kept running and completed what I will now call Hoffy's Route. Down through the back side of Scott Comm. College, back through the neighborhoods and out onto Devil's Glen and back to school. I swear it has to be 4 miles but I have no way of measuring it since half is on grassy fields and the other half I don't know how to get to by car. I figure I'm running a 9 minute mile as my easy pace now, so every 36 minutes im out I log 4 miles. I think a 250 mile summer will be easy to get.
Tuesday entailed a really crappy run. I barely ate a breakfast and what I did it was digested by the time I went out to run a tempo run. 10 min. warmup, and 12 minutes into my tempo and I crashed and could barely make it back the last mile.. it plain sucked. Logged probably 3.5 Tuesday.
Wednesday I was in Bloomington with friends and took a day of rest. Enjoyed a Sox game at the Cell and watch idiot Yankee fans and idiot hispanics have a shouting match and near fight... can't people just sit and watch a ball game? It makes me wonder what's wrong with this world. Even the guys I went with couldn't help but say "damn yankee fans" or some other derogatory thing about that individual(s). Never will this world see peace if sports, the very thing that brings different people together of all races colors and creeds, can rip us apart. i did sit next to a really drunk guy who was hillarious. So that made the night better. Good italian beef and Hebrew National hot dogs before the game.
Finally, today, June 7th, Thursday: 3.5 miles also (Running total so far-11 miles). Ran around Augie up two monstrous hills. Did a little Kenyan running too, 3-55 second surges during my run which I was great today. Lots of energy and legs felt awesome. Left knee is a little tight, but that's OK. Ran 3 125m strides at the end. Felt awesome. Good stretching session too. All around good day to run. Very very windy today. Expecting some severe storms soon...we'll see what these weather morons know.
Easy 2-3 miles tomorrow. Tapering for my 5K on Saturday. I WILL BREAK 25 MINUTES. That's my goal. Go about 14-15 miles this week without the race. I'll take Sunday off and back to it with summer runs with the girls on Monday moring. I'm really excited to see the girls again. They're so pumped for the fall and I know it will be a great season. I think I'll put in 3-4 in the morning and head out to Crow Creek and run the course at the 6:30 session. Awesome. I need to be down to 200 by August 6th, 17 pounds till then. I think I'm ready to get it started.
Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment