What a great cause. I felt so good running the race today, in my heart. Physically, not so much. Hearing the statistics after I finished really makes you think and want to help do something. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer... if I were to count the women that were there and everytime I hit 8... just scary. We need to do something. My bad race is nothing compared to the pain and anguish these women and their families go through.
I ran 27:09... much slower than I wanted. I went out 25 seconds too fast for the first mile and felt it by mile 1.5. Mile 1 was a 7:25, mile 2 and 3 combined for about 18:40... I forgot to hit my watch at mile 2. Oh well. It's not my last race and I know I can get better. I mean, last fall i was no where close to being able to run a 7:25 mile. Now I just have to hit my times in my workouts and get better tempo runs in.
Summer runs start Monday morning and night. I plan to go to both sessions Monday and anytime I want to run over 5 miles for the day. This will help with my weight loss tremendously.
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Think and act.
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment