Monday, June 25, 2007

Feelin' Allright

Been a few days since an update. Long story short, I'm feelin' pretty good. Pains here and there but that will happen.
Friday was supposed to be a nice easy long run on Lake Michigan in Chicago, but it turned into a too slow 3 mile run with the bf of my wife's friend. It was good though to see him out there trying. I'm still not sure why he decided to come out running with me. I tried to hide my displeasure and made the best of it. I love that city. So I made the best of it and just observed everything around me. The buildings, Grant/Millenium Park structures, the water and boats docked along it... just a really nice scene. Wish I could have enjoyed it more.

Saturday was my day off and Sunday...plain and simple, it was a long weekend and I was too mentally and physically tired to go for a 9 mile run (which was my long run for the week).

Ended the week with a paultry 18 miles. Not even close to the 25 I expect of myself each week.


But that's OK. I got in 8 miles today. Ran 4 before practice. Part in the grass which then turned my shoes into sponges that's to the dew on the ground. Had a fawn chase after me for a few steps protecting it's sister/brother fawn. That was kind of spooky. Helped Wheels set up for Track Camp. Tables, garbage can, prizes for the little 5-8 graders. Good to see so many out and taking part. I was in charge of the 1 mile distance run. Had to do it four times, once with each group. Of course, it was an incredibly easy pace but fun.

Very hot and humid today. Two running shirts drenched in sweat. I washed them, but I think there's still sweat funk left in them. Oh well, life will go on.

Weekly total: 8 miles
Summer Total: 49 miles (200 + to go)
-Hoffy

No comments:

Post a Comment