Before I get to that, what happened Wednesday?
Went to Lindsey Park, ran about a mile warmup again and then did 3 mile tempo at 8:54. I was way fast on the first one, but hit the last two pretty good then I did about a mile cool down. I like the warm up, it's working really well. Ran along the mighty Miss with Lafayette on bike. It was pretty cool.
Thursday-Squal Line
Tomorrow we go to our first Cubs Sox game. It's going to fun, if the rain holds out. So today I was expecting a little rain. Well, I went out on an easy 4 mile run and on the way back I'm staring right into the face of a 50+ mile long squal line (where two fronts come together). Darkest balck/grey clouds you'll ever see and you could see several lines throughout. It was so cool. Then I turned to head to school and I look up and I'm right underneath it. Oh man that was neat. You may drive under one and not notice but when you run along the line, not across it, it's cool but kind of creepy at the same time. You start to imagine the heavens opening and water pouring down on you, or you listen for thunder and hope a bolt of lighting doesn't strike you down. This was definitely one of my fave runs. Other than my legs killing because I ran too slow. So I need to speed it up, or readjust my times on my training plan.
So 9 miles the last two days, 8 miles Mon-Tuesday.
Weekly Miledge: 17 miles
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment