Took today off for a few stupid reasons. But I ran awesome yesterday after taking the day off before it, so I think I'll have the same success again tomorrow for my race.
Course tomorrow is mostly flat so it should be a quick one. I think breaking 25 minutes will be a reality. I feel good. Staying hydrated. had pasta tonight. Going to bed shortly.
Only awkward thing will be some of my prerace rituals. Won't be able to listen to music since I'm running to the venue. Can't layer too much because I won't have a place to put it and it's supposed to be chilly in the morning. So we'll see. I can always wear a long sleeve and tie it around my waist if I get warm. No pants though. I'll get a peanut butter granola bar in me in the morning for energy. I'm ready. I didn't feel ready earlier this week, but now that the race is close, I'm getting the good runner's mentality back. I'm confident I can break 25. That's just below 8:00 minute pace. I can do it.
I'm going to fly on paper wings...
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment