Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot yet again

I think this will be a trend until XC starts...hot! Even at 7am it had to have been at least 80 outside with as much humidity as the air can handle.

Wore me out again, but that's OK. Ran a mile on the track. 3x1000@ 5:15 which is 8:24 pace. 600m jogs inbetween, then about a half mile cool down. Totaled about 5 miles.

Second to last day of track camp. Had the girls talk about track, how much fun it is and pretty much whatever they could think of for 15 minutes. it went well, plus I got to be in the shade for an hour.

Signed up for a 5K next wednesday! Woo HOO! Time to redeam (is that spelled correctly) myself from the race for the cure. My PR is 25:53, the Cure was 27 something. I'm training at 8:24. If I ran that, I'd get 25:12. So what the hell am I doing running a 27??! I'm starting slower this time, not up front. I know I can beat Steve's Tap's time of 25:53. I don't think I'll warm up as long either. We'll see.

More updates to come.

Weekly miledge: 17 miles
Summer Total: 58 miles.

-Hoffy

No comments:

Post a Comment