My left knee has been killing me. Sunday it barely hurt until the end of the run and today I could feel it most of the time. That stupid patellar tendon... ice and ibuprofen I guess.
Ran 3 miles today. 29 minutes. Felt good until about 3/4 mile to go. Lower back started to hurt and my left knee was just aching like crazy.
Was listening to some tunes and Eminem "Lose Yourself" came on. I couldn't help but think of Mars and the 4x800 or the distance medley or the 1500m runs during it. I had a very long thought of making a montage video of all the races Mars has been in showcasing how she may not do so well at the start but never gives up and come back even stronger. I had thoughts of video clips of each race with announcers in the background and the song comes on... that thumping bass line and the catchy lyric in the chorus. It really pumped me up. Mars is just a fighter and tries so hard at each race. She's one of the reasons I'm out there getting into shape. I guess you kind of need to be in my thoughts, but it was a pretty cool thought. It ended with me wanting to do something like it for the fall CC photo presentation/film (if I can geta video camera before then). intermingle really good running songs... it'd be pretty great.
Speed work tomorrow. Maybe this will jump start my metabolism.
"...the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go..."
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment