Friday, May 4, 2007

#20

20th post in who knows how many. Probably until I forget the password. Took Sunday-Tuesday off and it felt good. I was really tired those days and I cross trained Wed-Thursday and my energy was way up. No secret to what gave me the energy. Good cross training. Good easy lifting and great ab workout. I love doing abs. it's a deep, good burn.


MAC Track + Field tonight. I swear... I keep saying it, but these girls are an inspiration. Not only do they bring me just to coolest, full of thought pictures out of the blue, they just work so hard. To see the hard work pay off and see them leave it all out on the track.... makes me ask, why am i sitting here typing. go out and run man. mars just is an animal. on that track she is a different person. during CC her mind wasn't in the right place and I don't think it ever got there. it's there now. she needs to bring it with to the fall and there's no question what she'll be able to do. stacy j. is just so cool. bruns is just the greatest person ever and so is laf. man, i never knew they'd have such an impact on me. they're my girls. i watch over them. they keep an eye on me and keep my head on straight... i have the greatest job. i do. no one else has a better job. no one else affects people's lives like I do and like Wheels can and runk can. Building relationships and life-long runners/learners is a privledge not many have. I feel proud to have the honor and I'm proud of every one of my girls. I hope they experience the same amount of success and more later in their lives.


Smile.



Runners are an inspiration to us all. No other sport or athlete will lay it all out there each race. No one other than another runner will ever know why.


"I'd like to rest my heavy head tonight

On a bed of California stars

I'd like to lay my weary bones tonight

On a bed of California stars


I'd love to feel Your hand touching mine

And tell me why I must keep working on

Yes I'd give my life

To lay my head tonight on a bed of California stars


I'd like to dream My troubles all away

On a bed of California stars

Jump up from my starbed Make another day

Underneath my California stars


They hang like grapes

On vines that shine

And warm the lovers' glass

Like friendly wine

So I'd give this world

Just to dream a dream with you

On our bed of California stars" -Woodie Guthrie "California Stars" (re-done by Wilco)
HOFFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment