A lot has happened lately. Friday night I watched a few of my girls run their hearts out. One PR'ing by 15 seconds. 4 others comming from 3rd or 4th place in the 4x800m to place first and qualify for the state meet. Two others falling short in the 1500m, but with strong hearts and determination I know they will come back strong in the fall. Saw my best friend since 1st grade graduate from the college of vetrinary medicine from the university of illinois. He's going on to a profession he has been dying to live for over 10 years. I'm so proud of him. All these things combine together to form one huge feeling and smile. That sometimes, when we work hard we accomplish so much. But even when we work as hard as we can, sometimes we fall short. It's those times when courage and heart take over and get us through. because without them and the support of our friends, we would never make it.
I ran twice this weekend. I love running. I hear how great my girls are doing and Jane gets a PR in the 1/2 marathon. so much is going on around running and pvgxc it's almost magical. How can I not get into better shape and drop 15-20 pounds. I need to, or my knees are going to explode. 45 minutes saturday, about 4.5 miles and then 33 minutes tonight. I believe this route is about 3.5 or 3.4. I have to keep going. I can't give up.
"Pain let's you know you're alive."
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment