7:30am- for me, it's tough to wake up when it's 20 degrees outside and go out and run. But the sun was shining, I took yesterday off, I was really sore and I really wanted to run. It was awesome. It took a while to really warm up and get loose, about 2.5 miles, maybe longer, but then I found a groove the last two or so. I kind of wanted to go further but I was happy with 5, considering I was pretty tired.
When I finally got in the groove, it was when I thought of this group:
Such an inspiration to me. I mentioned to a few that XC Champions are born in January. I hope that's true. This sport is really a year long sport and with the increasing talent in Iowa, it's definitely something not to take lightly. It may be a coincidence but I came back and put on Rocky. I'm at the part where Rocky walks to the ring the night before his big match. He goes back home to Adrian and says, "who am I kidding, I can't beat him..." yet, he goes out and punches punch for punch with Apollo Creed and winds up winning in the end. What an inspiration when some schools are "like Apollo Creed." If those girls believe they can beat them, they will.
I have more, but will post later.
Good way to start my Sunday
Hoffy


No comments:
Post a Comment