That's it. That's the number that, sadly, I define myself by right now. 215. Pounds. I'm not fat, I know that. But it's more of a disappointment than anything. I worked so hard over last summer and fall to get to around 197 or so, maybe 198, and then Thanksgiving hits and I do the same thing I'e done since I was in high school, forget how to eat right and exercise. It's like I've trained my brain to say it's OK to have a small snack after dinner...I'll work it off in February or March... I plan to run tomorrow so it's OK tonight.
I read a great blog from Aaron M. a few weeks back where he described the human body as a machine. One that finds it very easy to store added mass and energy but takes the darnedest time trying to lose it all again. I completely agree with that. I don't know what it's going to take to get back to 200, but I'm game and all in.
I wasn't feeling a run tonight, but I was really excited to get on the bike. It's easy to do, little resistance and not too loud. Stationed right in front of the TV I was able to go pretty good without too much extra volume on the TV. I'm not re-attaching my bike computer to the rear wheel this time around. Just going by feel and a good clippy cadence with some surges every now and then. I'd say I was going at least 13mph, probably hit some 16's or 17's in there but those were short lived. 30 minutes in I feel very confident and not over embellishing my miles at around 8 miles on the bike. If it's more, great. less, that's fine but it's not much either way of that.
The one thing I am having trouble over is finding that motivation to train hard again. It's weird and I think it's just the winter hours being so dark and gloomy... lack of training last week, but I'm just down right now physically. It really is a bummer. I tell my athletes, with them being so young, they'll bounce back pretty quickly but I'm not the same. I DO need something this spring, a few 5K's, maybe a 10K if I can find one. I'd love to do another 1/2 too. But I want it to mean something. I'll find that meaning. It's just not there right now.
Yeah, it's kind of a depressing entry tonight. But I must say, I love my family. I love Isabelle in her snow boots
And hearing her laugh and giggle as she goes sledding down a small hill...picking up her sled and shush-shushing herself back up the hill, snow pants singing as she runs... love it
Ahh... life is nice. I know I'll get the weight off. It doesn't define me. But I, I'm going to brag and toot my own horn here, but I felt great and looked great at the end of October last year. I loved fitting into some of my jeans and dress slacks that I usually can't fit into... and that's not there.
It started today. Less calories, higher protein and fiber. Ahh... I'm going to be great to be around :o)
anyway. tootles y'all
-Hoffy



No comments:
Post a Comment