Had meetings until noon today then rushed home to go for a run. I was in the mood to watch a movie since I didn't have to get Isabelle until 3:30 and yesterday I watched Hoosiers so I needed some action today. I took on First Blood and watched that whole movie. Ran 4 miles and did regular core afterwards to the first 50 minutes or so of the movie then ate some lunch to the rest of the movie. A nice leftover rueben :o) yummmm
Little bummed I didn't go outside for this one, with the beautiful sun that was out and all, but I love movies :o) Didn't really focus on anything other than landing below my center of mass, good forward motion on my legs, landing and really pushing through the ground. The Myrtl and Lunge Matrix have really helped that a lot. I can tell my legs are stronger and they move more forward with less of an angle. It's tough to describe, but I'm excited to incorporate these routines, along with our normal core stuff, into XC. I'd love to see Jane add this stuff to the distance track kids. Having strong legs, hips, glutes, and core, gee... that just makes sense when I choose to run for my sport :o) You don't see football players walking by the weight room you see them IN the weightroom getting stronger. Why is it different for runners. (I'm practicing my speech for XC)
anyway, I think this blog, similar to JP's blog on his triathlon training, will help spearhead me to a good 1/2 marathon this late spring and keep me on course for my first 300 mile summer ever. I love it!!
BUNNY PANCAKE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment