Thursday, January 31, 2008

The way it's supposed to feel

I think GOd created running for moments like today. I was driving home, irritated to all hell by school and the slow moving traffic. I got about 5 minutes from home and decided "I'm going to run today." I wasn't planning on running, I was actually planning on ellipticalling. But I know how that goes... it doesn't. I got this neat feeling of throwing on my winter running gear and heading out into the steady falling snow. People would drive by and mumble, "that guy's nuts." As they continue on, cursing at the the next driver that slows them from reaching their destination. It was the most exhilerating feeling running with the snow slowly falling peacefully to the ground, "Thunder Road" tempoing on in my ears... I shut my eyes and just fan for a few seconds... goosebumps and adrenaline... looking up into the sky watching the snow... 5 cars maybe, passed me today which made it even more calming. It was one of the best runs I've been on. Little pain, lots of pent up anger, hostility, aggression, and just plain energy I needed to get out of me. It worked. School was off my mind and all I could think about was the music, my next step and watching the snow fall... this is why I run.

-Hoffy

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, Hoffy. That sounds amazing! I'm glad you had such a good day running! That's what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete