Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oasis

Wednesday I ran again. It was too nice to not go for a run. I wish I would have said the same thing last weekend when it was unusually warm. Oh well. Life will go on.

Ran the Riverdale loop. About 2.6 miles. Longest run of the year. It's slowly comming back. It is frustrating though...when I read old posts, the things I would do. Maybe those runs are why I have patellar tendonitis. (?) Interesting. I did core and hips too. One of these days I'll actually lift weights.

Good to see a lot of new faces, mostly freshman I think, running with the girls that ran in the fall. Wheels will have a full group. Some magical about what she gives these kids. They want to be a part of success and experience it. That's why the numbers are so large.

Listened to Oasis on the run. I just typed "run" wrong and it can be spelled "urn" which made me think of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Oasis was a good band. Too bad the lead singer was a jerk.

Found out Menke is retiring. I knew the day would come, but wasn't expecting it. When the superintendant went up there it seemed like he had some big things to say. Announced new positions all over the district for administration. Which is good. It does help. But I can't help but feel deceived.... you talk with them daily and they give no hints they're leaving or changing positions.... then it made me think of how I must have made the Maine Westers feel when I said I wasn't comming back. What a crappy feeling and I feel so sorry for it. But I know changes are for the better and the district will be better. I hope at least. This model core garbage will ruin what we have as a science department and my hopes of teaching a forensic science course. It's like we're tryingto prepare for something we're not even sure will happen...

I'd go run right now, but it's -4 outside. That's too damn cold. Maybe tomorrow. Definitely Monday. Haircut Tuesday, run Wed., XT Thursday and hopefully a run next Friday or at least XT.

We need change. Obama is that change. I can't help but feel sort of down about the changes the district made... maybe because with change comes uncertainty and I just don't know if things will work out.

"How to fight loneliness....smile all the time."
-Hoffy

1 comment:

  1. 2.6 miles + CORE + Hips = Good job! :)
    Try to not let anything frustrate you too much. The runs/workouts that hurt, seem to last forever or just don't add up to what you used to do are what make you a better athlete. They make you realize how much you dedicate to the sport and how much you enjoy it! Keep it up! :)


    Now that I reread that...it sounds kinda lame...but I think it's true!

    ReplyDelete