First off, the best song to end a run to is "Injection" by Rise Against. Listened to "Beast of Burden" by the Stones and Rise Against came on... talk about goose bumps.
Ran about 2.5 Saturday. Tight left shin, big bummer. Slowed me more than I needed. Right knee still hurts when I start. Stretch before hand? Loosens up about 3/4-1 mile in. Overall, not too bad of a run, considering the last run was over a week ago. That happens when the weather is sub 0 to 5-10 above. I hate running on a treadmill, so I skipped it altogether.
Sunday-
New idea- NO WATCH SUNDAYS!!!! I felt so free and just ran. Didn't look at a watch to see how long I'd been out. I knew where I wanted to go, but the best part was I listened to my body, some good tunes, and I'd come to a turn and decide which way to go. It was so cool. I think I got close to 3.5 in. I'm definitely making this an every-sunday thing.
Good songs to listen to on runs:
Injection- Rise Against
Beast of Burden- ROlling Stones
Anything by Zeppelin- esp. Out on the Tiles and Achilles Last Stand and Celebration
Metallica- Old and the very new stuff
Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger- Oasis
Paper Wings- Rise Against
Duality or Before I Forget- SLipnot
JaJunk by Umphrey's McGee
Wilco- Box Full of Letters, Misunderstood, Spiders, Outtasite(Outtamind), Dreamer in my dreams, god the list could go on.
I think I'll make a CD- The BEst Running CD or something like that.
Got a LOT of school work done. It was actually satisfying. I hate taking work home, but when I get stuff done, it feels so good. I got all the homework done for the next like week and half in chem. I just have to type a test for Wednesday in Gen Sci. I usually hate doing school work at home because the kids are so sh**y, but this year they're actually not that bad. Not the smartest group and I doubt they care two shits about chemistry, but that's OK. Not everyone does. Even as esential of a thing it is.
Transformers is so cool. Can't wait to watch it later and eat taco's and make nachoes out of Doritos (taco/chipotle rach)...I'm such a damn innovator!!!! I also came up with my way for 5-way chilli (get your pen)- make up YOUR chilli, don't open a can, then top it with cheese, onion, crackers if you want, but instead of noodles, use CHEESE RAVIOLI!! YEAH BABY!!! If I had a restaurant, that, dorito's nachoes, and mac+cheese and hot dogs would be on there. Plus the bad-ass burger and really huge glasses of beer with Fat Tire on tap. Oh yeah....
I need to go for another run just htinking about it.
"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that."
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Keep your stick on the ice
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment