ZIP-A-DEE-DAY!!! MY OH MY!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!
WOO HOO!!! Did some XT this week, ran Monday, Wednesday I know for sure. About 10 miles total. XT T,R with light lifts. Took Friday off. Wednesday was a tempo run too with some 200m strides. Those helped a lot. Being around the team helped me this week too. Good for the morale.
Ran Steve's Old Time Tap and wow! I really did better than I thought I would. I broke 26 AGAIN!! That makes three in a row I think. I didn't get as fast as last year, I don't think, but I'm so happy with my splits:
1 Mile- 8:17:74
2 Mile- 8:39:16 (16:56:90)
3 Mile- 8:16:23 (25:13:13)
.1 Mile- :36:70
TOTAL= 25:49:83!! I EVEN BEAT JACK!!! Jack was a dog running with this old guy the whole time. The guy kept yelling "JACK! SLOW! JACK!! SLOW!!" THE WHOLE TIME!!! By the first 1/2 mile I said to myself, this guy isn't going to beat me, and he didn't. I outkicked at LEAST 5 or 6 people that I could tell wanted to beat me. The last turn for this race is about... 3/4 mile from the finish and kicked it the whole time. "Don't slow. Don't slow. Stay with him.." the whole time and I wanted to slow down, boy did I ever... but I didn't. "NOTHING LEFT"!!! I would think loud and strong in my head.... wow. I'm so happy right now.
BRING IT AT DRAKE GIRLS!!! I DID TODAY!!!
WOO HOO!!!
I LOVE RUNNING!!!!
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment