Second, after two things items of life I witnessed this week, who cares when I post?
Ran Monday, around Augie to get some hills in. Felt pretty good. The kills killed me though and hte last mile was rough. XT and lifted hard Tuesday. Ran with the girls Wednesday at a pace that was probably too fast, but it was just nice seeing and running with them again. I miss that and hope to run with them more in the next week or two. On that run I saw something so amazing and cool... I was on the bike path running next to Devil's Glen Park and I stopped to use the restroom and came out and started back on my run. I ran across a soccer field where a group of..maybe 6 year olds were trying to fly a kite. After a few attempts they got it in the air and the joy and happiness they felt was just magical. They were screaming and holaring and cheering and just so happy the kite, such a simple invention, was in the air. They accomplished something and my knees stopped hurting for a little while and I looked up at the blue sky and smiled myself and knew that even though some people are hurting each other physically and emotionally in school, getting in fights, the horridness that's on TV for our teenagers to watch, the war, the bitter politics in the presidential race.... it all vanished while I stopped running to watch those kids fly that kite. Life was perfect for just that moment.
Took Thursday-Friday-Saturday off to rest this tired body. Will run tomorrow.
Second moment came yesterday, Friday at the Cubs game. We went with Sarah's family, particularly her cousin Kaitlyn who has LCS, a condition that causes near complete vision loss. It was her dream to meet her hero Derrek Lee, who's daughter Jada also has LCS. They share the same eye doctor in Iowa City and a common bond they wouldn't realize until that small fragile girl got to meet her hero yesterday after the game. I've never been so happy in my entire life. The only other moment where I was happier was at my wedding when all of reality stopped for that one moment where happiness rules over everything. Derrek Lee stopped for kaitlyn and no one else. He rolled down his window and talked to this precious girl and her cousin Katie. He held her hand, told her she "was beautiful" and signed her pink cubs hat. No one had dry eyes that knew what this perfect moment in time meant to Kaitlyn, her cousin Katie who organized the meeting, and Katilyn's family and relatives.

Stop the bickering, the fights, the rudeness, the complaining about miniscule nonsense. There are better times to be had and we all, as a society, need to realize this.
Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment