That's how I felt today.. like I was waddling. Took 2 aleve before my run and boy did I feel them! Played over 3 hours of softball sunday and did a workout on the crappy elliptical machines at school yesterday so my legs were sore and my stride was about 2/3 what is should be. It was a "blah" run, but the beautiful weather made up for it. When the sun is shining, little clouds, and the birds chirping, a shortened stride isn't enough to be mad at.
Been keeping up on a new website, dailymile.com, and posting workouts on there. Been ignoring this but hope to get back to updating this several times a week. An old running buddy started dailymile.com so I want to support it.
4 days of school left. Thanks be to god. Do I care anymore? Not really. I never got comfortable this year. Never. Not even for 3 consecutive days. The students were weird this year, like someone put something in the water. Last year was a LOT better and so were the students. What was different? I can't figure it out. All I know is that in 4 school days I can sai good ridance to the lot. Only about 2 or 3 hand fulls are worthy of remembering for next year. Ouch...a deep burn. It hurts so much because it's so deep.
I can't help but reflect on one particular student from last year and a current runner. I've never been a "mentor" to anyone. And I somehow wound up in that role to one of my former students. I don't think I even realized it until maybe a few months ago that this student really really valued what I had to say and offer. I feel so honored by that and I hope this student succeeds in everything they take on because they deserve it. They're a good, good kid, and as nice as the come. I know I will really miss her when she goes away to college. Does that happen to a mentor when a mentee leaves? if so, do I want to feel this again? Hell yeah.
Keep on trotting
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment