I saw that my last post was last month! Holy moley. I'm not even sure what I've done since then. I know the last run I did was March 31st and it was about 3 miles. I was sick that weekend, really light headed, and a sore throat. I decided to take about 5 Coldeeze a day that week to get better for my trip to Las Vegas with Sarah and some friends. I didn't run the rest of last week in order to get better and plus, I was in Las Vegas and didn't go to sleep until, on average, about 3am each night. I would definitely go back.
So this week rolls around. Monday I knew I wasn't going to run since I was dead tired from Vegas. Tuesday... I think I ran about 3 miles. Wednesday I took off because my knees really hurt. Thursday I ellipticalled for 15 minutes and went and got buff. Did my usual bench and fly's on the ball with situps in between. Lots of situps actually. Over 100. Not at once. I'm not Matthew M. yet. Then did 4 30-sec wall squats. Runner's World says it helps relieve Runners Knee (which I have). Did step ups on a bench with 5 lb weights. 2 sets. Inverted upright row (2x8)... what else... I know I did some planks in there too. Oh! Lunges. Jesus. I think I pulled a hamstring on those. All I know is my lower legs are weak and I need to get them stronger. So that's what I plan to focus on this week and next week.
I skipped Gilda's today because I'm not ready for a race. I have Steve's Old Time Tap 5K in two weeks and I WILL be ready for that one. Not sure what I'll race between then and the MC200, but I'll find something.
Wheels, get some sleep.
Laf- you.are.more.awesomer.
-Hoffy
Hoffy, seriously. You're working out like crazy! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteP.S. this summer you should make me a mix to run to!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete