Monday, April 2, 2012

Broken Legs

Not really, but they're really tired right now.


Yeah, I was just going to post a picture of a broken leg and I think I threw up a little....

First track workout of the year I think tonight. But I may have done one or two the week of spring break. But this is my first real speed workout in a long time. I recall one of my last ones I think I pulled my hamstring, or tweaked it bad, and it took a long, very long time to fully heal. I'd say that was at least a season or two ago. It finally worked its way out during my 1/2 training last fall. I was a little hesitant today because I didn't want it to get bad again. I don't think I held back, but tried to stay smart and hit my times. I warmed up well, and drilsl went awesome so I gained some confidence there.

Workout was 3 x split 400's; run 200m @ 400 race pace w/ 30 sec rest then the second 200m at 400m race pace. full recovery, nearly 10 minutes between sets. After the first set, looking back now, I'm a little disappointed in my attitude. I was a horrible leader after that one and let a little too much complaining get out. But I pleased myself on this workout. I hung in there and all 200s were between 35-37 seconds. Right where I thought I could/should be. Long cool down for 20 minutes. About 15 minutes in to it I had this weird "rush", almost euphoric feeling and I felt awesome. Then it quickly passed to just being tired. Good set of core and stretching when I got back. Told some snoop dogg jokes too.


I always like to post something that makes me smile. On the way home I listened to my sweet hip hop jams and some other stuff. But this song, The Other Side by The Pete and Mike Band just makes me smile. Listen to it and roll your windows down in your car, tap your steering wheel and dash board to the bongos and just relax. I think more people need to do this. I completely took myself out of the stress of driving in the QCA and smiled. The sun shining on my face and imagined road tripping with some cool people. You want to go?!


Don't forget to smile. It takes less muscles than frowning.
-Hoffy

No comments:

Post a Comment