Friday, June 27, 2008

And so it goes...

Sing that title to the Billy Joel song... and you'll be like me and not know what else to say but you keep saying "and so it goessss and so it...hmmmmm"

Been seeing the same ART guy Wheels has been seeing. He does Ultrasound on my knee to knock down the inflammation and it's helping so far. He stretches the tendons/ligaments around my knee and does that crazy back crack thing you always see chiro's do. I feel pretty good so far. Ran 2 mile yesterday with my knee straps on and it felt good. I was tight'r than hell and felt heavy (which isn't a surprise because I'm a Chunky Boy), but it was good. Ran 4 strides on the football field without shoes (awesome feeling on the feet) and took the knee straps off and my knees hurt. Hmmm, what should I be wearing when I run? If it stops raining today I may try and run.

Oh, I GOT A BIKE YESTERDAY! WOO HOO! It's pretty. It's a Trek 7.2 FX and it's metallic silver with black accents. It's just like Wheels' bike and it's awesome. I've never riden a really nice bike before (even though there are FAR nicer ones out there) and it's neat buying one. I really feel I'm taking the next step in my fitness. It will get used because I need to take it easy on my knees. I think I'll start by driving to WHeels' area and biking to school for a week before I take the plunge and bike all the way from home. Now Wheels and Laffy and I can go on 20 mile rides because we're awesome and we can.

I went through old video from last XC season. Funny stuff. I have a good job. I really do. The girls are awesome and work so hard. I can already tell we're going to be better than next year. We're lifting much harder than last year and it's really going to pay off and I see the girls realizing that and WANTING it more. THEY WANT to win state and not just Jane and me knowing they can. THey know what they have and that's awesome talent and good attitudes. I'm really excited for this year because, honestly, Jane and I so far don't really need to do a whole lot. Give them advice and be sure they're lifting correctly and train them smart and we'll be so good. Jane has done a very good job with modifying our workouts. I can tell she's matured in her coaching the past two years and the girls love it.

Until the next time, remember:
"Life (and running) is not all about time but about our experiences along the way"
--Jen Rhines

Waddle on goofy gusses
Hoffy

No comments:

Post a Comment