Summer runs started yesterday. I must say that Wheels and I are very pleased with what we've seen for a turnout. We had 41 Monday. 41!!! And it wasn't even required, it was the first day!! Jane made a good point that we had 3x the # that some squads have. Today, we had 33. Usually happens the second day. People are sore and would rather sleep, or have other obligations. It's not a big deal. I'm really really excited with the direction this team is going. We are so successful and people are drawn to success and fun. I honestly think we'll have close to 80 or more this fall.
Ran two miles easy yesterday to work the gunk out from the MC 200. It helped a lot. Had a latte and iced my knees. Left one is sore today.
Bike for 10 minutes today and monitored the girls lifting. Lifted about 20 minutes. MB lung w/ rotation; MB ab twists; back extension on stab. ball; Hip flexor roll-in with stab. ball; Hamstring push up and out with stab. ball. I did two sets of each, 15-15 reps each set. The girls did three sets (15-20-10). I wanted to go a little easier and will hit harder on Thursday. I can already feel myself getting skinnier.
I haven't slept well recently. I'm not sure why. Is it the mattress? Weird thoughts? Unhappiness? I can't imagine I'm unhappy with anything.
Great seeing Jonesy Monday. I could tell it was hard for her to pass the torch onto this year's seniors and step aside. She just wanted to jump in and help which is really great to see. She got her advice questions asked to me which is the greatest feeling.
Keep on chugging friends
-Hoffy
No comments:
Post a Comment