It has been nearly a month since I've been able to put positive thoughts down. I'm not sure what that really means actually. It's not that I haven't been happy, or struggled to find reasons to smile, it's just been an off 3 or 4 weeks. That's really all I can say. What has happened over the last 5 or 6 days has been very refreshing. It's nice when you can start controlling things around you. Sounds pretty egotistical doesn't it? I don't mean it like that, but it's nice when your plan for your life and day can become a reality instead of just waiting. Everything that has come up has been important but when you want to run, or be with your team, or do something else, it's frustrating when that reality can't become real. I do want to add that I feel great right now. I feel positive, refreshed, energized and all around happy. I honestly chalk this all up to getting back to running, finally, last Friday. They need to do a study on exercise and how happy it makes people feel :o) It also helped I finally had a chance to get to see my team today after school. Just a great group of people. I'm so fortunate to have the opportunity to spend time with such great people.
Nice and easy runs the last few days. Off tomorrow for a meeting after school then hope to be back at it Thursday or Friday with the team again.
There's moments in your life when you realize things just..change... last fall it was viewing the "Gratitude" video from last year's TED talk in San Francisco (see earlier post, I'm sure it's there), today it was hearing Isabelle talk about the playground near our house. It wasn't just "look!" it was "look daddy! poppa and daddy there! we had fun!" "no swings.. that's sad" it was so amazing to hear my daughter string together a sentence like that. It wasn't AP English perfect, but it was a big step in a direction that makes me smile and love her so much.
Oh, and this video is amazing by Josh Ritter. All cut outs of paper, 12,000 of them, strung together in stop-motion photography with NO edits. Amazing video and such a beautiful song.
No comments:
Post a Comment